Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation
The Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation (Fimu) is an organisation founded by immigrants and persons of the Finnish origin in 1999, for the benefit of all immigrant people in Finland. Fimu has been affiliated with the Finnish Sports Federation (FSF) since autumn 2000, and became the member of the "New Olympic Committee" in June 2017.
The aim of the organisation is to promote sports opportunities for immigrants and people of a immigrant background, and to safeguard the interests of all immigrant associations. Fimu comprises several sports clubs throughout Finland, many of these co-operating with the Finnish Sports Federation in realizing local projects for promoting equality, solidarity and anti-racism.
The Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation's aims are:
- To increase general awareness of multicultural sports and exercise in Finland.
- To ensure equal opportunities for sports and exercise for all immigrant people.
- To provide immigrant people with information and with the opportunity to learn from one another.
- To support the FIMU´s multicultural member associations.
- To use sports as a tool to promote immigrants' integration and inclusion into the Finnish society
Click the left hand menu for more information!